kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
John Ross "J.R." Ewing, Jr. is a fictional character in the hit U.S. television series Dallas (1978–1991) and its spin-offs, including the revived Dallas series (2012–2013). The character was portrayed by actor Larry Hagman from the series premiere in 1978 until his death in late 2012.
One of the show's most iconic figures, J.R. has been central to many of the series' biggest storylines. He is shown as as a villainous selfish oil baron with psychopathic tendencies, who is constantly plotting subterfuges to plunder his foes and their wealth. Hagman was the only actor to appear in all 357 episodes of the series.
Hagman died on November 23, 2012, and Dallas producers subsequently announced that J.R. would be killed off in the second season. The episode "The Furious And Fast" dealt with J.R's death. Ewing was on the phone with his son saying he had one last plan to get back at another richman. Ewing's son heard gunshots which would eventually kill J.R.
- Actor Larry Hagman, notorious as 'Dallas' villain J.R. Ewing, dies. 23 November 2012. http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local-news/20121123-actor-larry-hagman-notorious-as-dallas-villain-j.r.-ewing-dies.ece. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- Jacobs, David (1990-04-15). "TV VIEW; When the Rich And the Powerful Were Riding High". The New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/1990/04/15/arts/tv-view-when-the-rich-and-the-powerful-were-riding-high.html. Retrieved 2010-08-31.
- Funeral Episode Set for Larry Hagman's J.R. on 'Dallas' Season Two Hollywood.com, December 11, 2012
- Cerone, Daniel (1993-10-17). "Larry Hagman Still Relishes Being TV's Oiliest Villain". Los Angeles Times. http://articles.latimes.com/1993-10-17/entertainment/ca-46556_1_animated-series. Retrieved 2010-09-04.
- Bromley, Tom (2010-08-24). "Top ten 80s TV villains". Daily Telegraph (London). http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/7960184/Top-ten-80s-TV-villains.html. Retrieved 2010-09-04.
- Bretts, Bruce; Roush, Matt; (March 25, 2013). "Baddies to the Bone: The 60 nastiest villains of all time". TV Guide. pp. 14 - 15.