kidzsearch.com > wiki
Michael Thomas "Mike" Flynn (born December 1958) is a retired United States Army lieutenant general. On January 20, 2017, Flynn became the 25th United States National Security Advisor. He resigned on February 13, 2017. He last served as the 18th Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, from July 22, 2012 to August 7, 2014.
On November 18, 2016, Flynn accepted president-elect Donald Trump's offer of the position of National Security Advisor.
The Wall Street Journal reported on January 22, 2017, that Flynn was under investigation by U.S. counterintelligence agents for his communications with Russian officials. On February 13, 2017, Flynn resigned the position of National Security Advisor.
On December 1, 2017, it was reported that Flynn had accepted a deal with Special Counsel Robert Mueller to plead guilty to a single count, that of "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI, a felony.
On November 25, 2020, Flynn was issued a presidential pardon by President Trump. Since being pardoned, Flynn has expressed his support for suspending the United States constitution and the imposition of martial law under President Donald Trump.
- Michael T. Flynn Biography Retrieved January 2, 2014
- Khan, Mariam (2016-11-18). "Trump's National Security Adviser Has Called Islam 'a Cancer'". http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-national-security-adviser-mike-flynn-called/story?id=43575658. Retrieved 2016-11-18.
- National Security Adviser Michael Flynn resigns. February 13, 2017. http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/319367-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn-resigns. Retrieved February 13, 2017.
- White House Sends Mixed Signals About Trump's Confidence In Michael Flynn
- Herb, Jeremy (December 1, 2017). "Flynn charged with one count of making false statement". CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/michael-flynn-charged/index.html.
- "Michael Flynn: Trump pardons ex-national security adviser". BBC News. November 26, 2020. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55080923. Retrieved November 28, 2020.
- "Freshly pardoned Michael Flynn shares message telling Trump to 'suspend the Constitution' to hold a new presidential election" (in en-US). https://news.yahoo.com/freshly-pardoned-michael-flynn-shares-174808613.html.
- "Michael Flynn calls for Trump to suspend the constitution and declare martial law to re-run election" (in en). 2020-12-03. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/michael-flynn-suspend-constitution-martial-law-trump-reelection-b1765467.html.