kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
The word distribution has several meanings:
- In mathematics a distribution is a generalization of a function to be able to model certain systems, inspired by physics, see distribution (mathematics)
Probability theory and statistics
- In Probability theory, it refers to the way a certain number of samples can be assigned to different categories, see Frequency distribution
- In Statistics, it refers to the probability that a random variable has a certain value, or falls inside a given interval, see Probability distribution. This is the theoretical counterpart behind frequency distributions.
- In Economics, it talks about getting a product from the producer to the client. see distribution (economics).
- In Computer science, it may refer to the practice of allocating a number of tasks to different machines, scattered over a network. See distributed computing
- With Software, a distribution is something that puts different applications in the same package. see Linux distribution for an example.
- In power system, the process of delivering electricity to customer is called Electric power distribution
| This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.