kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||70s BC 60s BC 50s BC – 40s BC – 30s BC 20s BC 10s BC|
|Years:||47 BC 46 BC 45 BC – 44 BC – 43 BC 42 BC 41 BC|
|Gregorian calendar|| 44 BC |
|Ab urbe condita||710|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar|| 丙子年|
— to —丁丑年
|- Vikram Samvat||13–14|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3058–3059|
|Iranian calendar||665 BP – 664 BP|
|Islamic calendar||685 BH – 684 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1955 before ROC|
|Thai solar calendar||500|
Year 44 BC was either a common year starting on Sunday or Monday or a leap year starting on Friday or Saturday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Caesar and Antony.
- March 15 Julius Caesar, dictator of Rome, is assassinated by a group of Roman senators. This date is known as The Ides of March.
- March 20 — Caesar's funeral.
- Early April — Octavian returns from Apollonia in Dalmatia to Rome to become ruler of Rome, against advice from his mother and stepfather Phillipus.
- June — Mark Antony promised five years of being governor of northern and central Transalpine Gaul (France) and Cisalpine Gaul (Northern Italy).
- September 2 — Pharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt makes her son co-ruler as Ptolemy XV Caesarion.
- Comosicus succeeds Burebista as king of Dacia.