kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Abdulhadi Alkhawaja taking part in a pro-democracy protest in February 2011
Abdulhadi Abdulla Hubail Alkhawaja
April 5, 1961
|Disappeared||April 23, 2012|
|Nationality||Danish and Bahraini|
|Occupation||Human rights defender|
|Home town||Manama (Fareeg el-Makharga)|
|Criminal charge(s)||organizing and managing a terrorist organisation, attempt to overthrow the government by force and in liaison with a terrorist organisation working for a foreign country and the collection of money for a terrorist group|
|Criminal penalty||Life imprisonment|
|Criminal status||To be retried|
|Spouse(s)||Khadija Almousawi |
|Children||Maryam and Zainab 2 others|
Abdulhadi Abdulla Hubail Alkhawaja is a Bahraini-Danish human rights activists. He is now in prison in Bahrain after the Bahraini uprising. He is former president and co-founder of the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights (BCHR). This is a nonprofit non-governmental group which works to promote human rights in Bahrain.
- "Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, Bahraini Hunger Strike Activist, Disappears from Hospital". 25 April 2012. https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/whereiskhawaja-bahraini-activist-hunger-strike-abdullhadi-al-333099.
- Staff writer (10 May 2011). Another Bahraini Crime: Rights Activist’s Jawbones Smashed Under Torture. Al-Manar. http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?eid=14763&cid=23&fromval=1&frid=23&seccatid=27&s1=1. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Staff writer. About us. Business & Human Rights Resource Center. http://www.business-humanrights.org/Aboutus/InternationalAdvisoryNetwork. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- Bahrain Center for Human Rights website, accessed 17 May 2011
- "Bahrain rights activists jailed for life", The Guardian, 22 June 2011. Retrieved 22 June 2011.