kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Area (rank)||11,612.22 km² (6th)|
|- % water||0.7%|
|- Population||1,106,050 (37th)|
|- Density||95.2 /km²|
|- Flower||Fuki (a kind of butterbur, Petasites japonicus)|
|- Tree||Akita-sugi (Cryptomeria japonica)|
|- Bird||Copper pheasant (Phasianus soemmerringii)|
|- Fish||Masu salmon|
Symbol of Akita Prefecture
|Template ■ Discussion|
- Senshu Park is 5 minutes walk from Akita Station.
The site of castle of the Kubota Castle built by Satake, a daimyo from Hitachi. Landscape gardener, Abira Nagaoka, designed the park in 1896. The name "Akita" became established in Tenpyou era.
Mt. Chokai is the second hightest mountain in the Tohoku Region. Shirakami-Sanchi is a large mountain range along the border between Akita and Aomori prefectures.
There are 13 cities in Akita Prefecture:
National Parks cover about 11% of the total land area of the prefecture. including
- Nyuto Hot Spring Village (There are seven hotels.)
Shrines and Temples
- National Census 2010 Preliminary Results
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Provinces and prefectures" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 780; "Tōhoku" at p. 970.
- Nussbaum, "Akita" at p. 20.
- Japan Ministry of the Environment, "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture"; retrieved 2012-9-4.
- Japan Ministry of the Environment, "Towada-Hachimantai National Park"; retrieved 2012-9-4.
- "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 2; retrieved 2012-9-4.