kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
An audiophile is a person who cares about how good music sounds on a stereo or other high fidelity sound system. An audiophile is interested in how to improve the sound quality of sound recordings, such as vinyl records and Compact Discs, as well as the equipment used to listen to recordings such as CD players, amplifiers and loudspeakers.
Audiophiles are always looking for ways to improve their sound system. There are discussion forums, magazines and clubs for audiophiles to share their ideas.
Some audiophiles believe that differences should be able to be measured in a scientific way. This type of audiophile is called an "objectivist".
Other audiophiles believe that "what sounds better" or "more musical" may not be measurable. They rely mostly on their own ears and preferences. This type of audiophile is called a "subjectivist".
Audiophile is also used as an adjective in descriptions of audio equipment and recorded music, where it is intended to imply high quality.
- The Audio Critic - Thirty-year publication, now online only, with in-depth independent verification of vendors' claims.
- The Audio Press - Criticism of industry, magazines, and reviewers.
- Audiophilia - Online magazine featuring high-end audio equipment and music reviews.
- Enjoy the Music.com - High-end audio equipment, music reviews, show reports, and information.
- Positive Feedback Online - Print magazine that merged with audioMUSINGS and morphed into an online forum for the audio arts.
- Science and Subjectivism in Audio Technically-detailed article by Douglas Self.
- 6Moons.com - Online magazine.
- StereoTimes - Equipment reviews and articles of general interest to audiophiles.
- TNT-Audio - Non-profit, Internet high-fidelity review.de:Audiophil