kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Axis countries and Axis Powers are the names for some countries that fought together against the Allies during World War II. The war ended in 1945 with the Axis powers losing and their alliances broken.
Berlin-Rome-Tokyo Axis Powers
The most important Axis countries formed an alliance called the Berlin-Rome-Tokyo Axis Powers (1922 to 1945). They included:
- Nazi Germany under Adolf Hitler
- Fascist Italy under Benito Mussolini
- Empire of Japan under Emperor Hirohito.
All three countries had authoritarian governments.
Subsequent signatories of the Tripartite Pact
In addition to the main three countries, the less important Axis countries were:
Other countries that helped the Axis without being a part of them were:
- Philippines (Second Republic)
- Vietnam (Empire of Vietnam)
- Manchukuo (Manchuria and eastern Inner Mongolia)
- Reorganized National Government of China
- Independent State of Croatia
- Province of Ljubljana
- Soviet Union Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact in August 1939. Attacked Poland in concert with Germany at start of war.
- Denmark Signed treaty of mutual non-aggression.
- Spain Neutral, but gave non-military assistance.
- Vichy France Agreed not to resist after Northern France was conquered. Allowed (forced?) to allow Japan to occupy French Indochina.
Several new or rebel governments that were created by the Axis during the war are: