kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Directed by||Christopher Nolan|
Larry J. Franco
David S. Goyer
David S. Goyer
Mark Boone Junior
James Newton Howard
|Edited by||Lee Smith|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|June 15, 2005|
Batman Begins is a 2005 superhero movie, based on the fictional DC Comics character Batman. Christopher Nolan directed the movie, which stars Christian Bale as Batman, as well as Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, Katie Holmes, Cillian Murphy and Morgan Freeman.
Batman Begins was the first movie in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy.
- Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne / Batman: A billionaire industrialist whose parents were killed by a mugger when he was eight years old. He returns to Gotham after traveling the world for several years to seek the means to fight injustice. At night, Bruce becomes Batman, Gotham City's protector.
- Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth: The trusted butler to Bruce Wayne's parents who continues his loyal service to their son after their deaths. He is Bruce Wayne's closest confidante. Nolan felt Caine would effectively portray the foster father element of the character.[source?] Although Alfred's family is depicted in the movie as having served the Wayne family for generations, Caine created his own backstory, in that before becoming Wayne's butler, Alfred served in the Special Air Service. After being wounded, he was invited to the position of the Wayne family butler by Thomas Wayne because, "He wanted a butler, but someone a bit tougher than that, you know?"
- Liam Neeson as Henri Ducard / Ra's al Ghul: While in the guise of Ducard, Ra's trains Bruce in distinctive forms of martial arts.
- Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes: A childhood friend of Bruce who serves as Gotham City's assistant district attorney, fighting against the corruption in the city.
- Gary Oldman as Sgt. James Gordon: One of the few uncorrupted Gotham City police officers. He was the officer on duty the night of the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents. In this way, he shares a special bond with the adult Bruce (and thus with Batman).
- Cillian Murphy as Dr. Jonathan Crane / The Scarecrow: A psychopharmacologist who works at Arkham Asylum and has developed chemical that makes you afraid. He takes on the persona of the Scarecrow to scare others and further his study of fears.
- Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox: A high-ranking Wayne Enterprises employee who was demoted to working in the company's Applied Science Division, where he conducts advanced studies in biochemistry and mechanical engineering.
- Colin McFarlane as Commissioner Gillian B. Loeb: The main commissioner of the entire Gotham police department.
- Larry Holden as Finch: A Gotham City attorney and detective who was friends with Rachel until he was killed by Ra's al Ghul's henchmen.
- Gerard Murphy as Judge Faden: A corrupt Gotham City judge.
- Tom Wilkinson as Carmine Falcone: The most powerful Mafia boss in Gotham. He had shared a prison cell with Joe Chill after Chill murdered Wayne's parents.
- Rutger Hauer as William Earle: The CEO of Wayne Enterprises who takes the company public in the long-term absence of Bruce Wayne.
- Mark Boone Junior as Detective Arnold Flass: Commissioner Gordon's corrupt partner and is a drug dealer.
- Ken Watanabe as Ra's al Ghul's decoy: a decoy of Ra's al Ghul.
- "Alfred the Butler". Empire: p. 79. July 2005.
- Official site
- Official production notes
- Film analysis at IGN
- Scene-by-scene annotations of Batman Begins
- Comic Vs. Film analysis at IGN
- Batman Begins on IMDb
- Batman Begins at Rotten Tomatoes
- Batman Begins at Box Office Mojo
- Batman Movies hype at Superhero Hype!
- Batman Begins at the Open Directory Project
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
|Box office number-one films of 2005 (USA)
June 19, 2005 – June 26, 2005
War of the Worlds