kidzsearch.com > wiki
Bunryaku (天福), also romanized as Bunreki, was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Tenpuku and before Katei. This period started in November 1234 and ended in September 1235. The reigning emperor was Shijō-tennō (四条天皇).
Events of the Bunryaku Era
- 18 June 1234 (Bunryaku 1, 20th day of the 5th month): Former Emperor Chūkyō died.
- 31 August 1234 (Bunryaku 1, 6th day of the 8th month): Former Emperor Go-Horikawa died.
- 1234 (Bunryaku 1, 12th month): Kujō Yoritsune is raised to the 1st rank of the 3rd class in the court hierarchy.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Bunreki" in Japan encyclopedia, p. 92.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon, pp. 242-243; Varley, H. Paul. (1980). Jinnō Shōtōki. p. 227.
- Perkins, George W. (1998). The Clear Mirror: A Chronicle of the Japanese Court During the Kamakura Period (1185-1333), p. 64; Titsingh, p. 242; Imperial Household Agency (Kunaichō), 仲恭天皇 (85); retrieved 2012-5-16.
- Perkins, p. 64; Titsingh, p. 242; Kunaichō, 後堀河天皇 (86); retrieved 2012-5-16.
- Titsingh, p. 243.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: