kidzsearch.com > wiki
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Centre (British spelling) or center (U.S. spelling) means the middle of something.
The word "centre" often means places or buildings where an activity takes place. Common examples are:
- a town centre or city centre
- a shopping centre is a place with lots of shops.
- a sports centre is where people go to use sports facilities, such as squash courts, and swimming pools.
- a centre (ice hockey), the position used in ice hockey
- a Center (American football), the position used in American football
- Centre, the former name of Centre-Val de Loire, an administrative region of France
- Centre Department, the department of Haiti