kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
City Thameslink railway station
Southern entrance on Ludgate Hill
|Location||Holborn Viaduct / Ludgate Hill|
|Local authority||City of London|
|Number of platforms||2|
|1990||Opened as St. Paul's Thameslink|
|1991||Renamed City Thameslink|
|Lists of stations|
City Thameslink station is a National Rail station in the City of London. The southern entrance is on Ludgate Hill near Ludgate Circus. The northern entrance is on Holborn Viaduct. Both of the stations platforms are underground. The station is on the Thameslink route.
The station opened on 22 May 1990, however it was called St Paul's Thameslink until 1991. Many changes have occurred on the lines near the station since. The station was improved in 2010, and is ready for trains of up to 12 cars.
All services are run by Thameslink
|Preceding station||National Rail National Rail||Following station|
Kentish Town - Sevenoaks (off peak trains)
- "London and South East". Rail Map for People with Reduced Mobility. National Rail. September 2006. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/system/galleries/download/mobility_maps/LondonSouthEast.pdf. Retrieved 1 January 2010.
- "Station usage". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. 30 April 2010. http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/server/show/nav.1529. Retrieved 17 January 2011. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Catford, Nick (10 February 2006). "Snow Hill/Holborn Viaduct Low Level". http://www.subbrit.org.uk/sb-sites/stations/s/snow_hill/index.shtml. Retrieved 27 November 2009.
- Holborn viaduct to Lewisham by Vic Mitchell & Keith Smith (Middleton press)
- "CITY THAMESLINK RAILWAY STATION". triposo.com. https://www.triposo.com/poi/W__107643523. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Thameslink Programme, London, United Kingdom". Kable, a trading division of Kable Intelligence Limited.. http://www.railway-technology.com/projects/thameslink/. Retrieved 19 December 2014.