kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
|Single by The Beatles|
|from the album Abbey Road|
|Released||6 October 1969|
21 July 1969,|
EMI Studios, London
|The Beatles singles chronology|
"Come Together" is a song by The Beatles written mostly by John Lennon and credited to Lennon/McCartney. The song is the first song on the Beatles' 1969 album Abbey Road. One month later it was released as a single with "Something", their twenty-first single in the United Kingdom and twenty-sixth in the United States. The song reached the top of the charts in the US, and peaked at number four in the UK. The song was also featured in a scene in the movie A Bronx Tale starring Robert De Niro.
- "The Beatles Bible: Come Together". The Beatles Bible. http://www.beatlesbible.com/songs/come-together/.
- Emerick, Geoff; Massey, Howard (2006). Here, There and Everywhere: My Life Recording the Music of the Beatles. New York: Penguin Books.
- "Something / Come Together". everyHit.com. http://www.everyhit.com. Retrieved 30 November 2009.
- Lewisohn, Mark (1988). The Beatles Recording Sessions. New York: Harmony Books.
- MacDonald, Ian (2005). Revolution in the Head: The Beatles' Records and the Sixties (Second Revised Edition ed.). London: Pimlico (Rand).
- Miles, Barry (1997). Many Years From Now. London: Seeker & Warburg.
- "The Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Songs of All Time". Rolling Stone. 2007. http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/500songs. Retrieved 5 October 2007.
- Self, Joseph C. (1992). "Lennon vs. Levy - The 'Roots' Lawsuit". abbeyrd.net. http://www.abbeyrd.net/lenlevy.htm. Retrieved 30 March 2009.
- Sheff, David (2000). All We Are Saying: The Last Major Interview with John Lennon and Yoko Ono. New York: St. Martin's Press.
- Wallgren, Mark (1982). The Beatles on Record. New York: Simon & Schuster.
- Wenner, Jann S (2000). Lennon Remembers (Full interview from Lennon's 1970 interview in Rolling Stone magazine). London: Verso.