kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Contesting the Future of Nuclear Power
|Author||Benjamin K. Sovacool|
Contesting the Future of Nuclear Power: A Critical Global Assessment of Atomic Energy is a 2011 book by Benjamin K. Sovacool, published by World Scientific. Sovacool’s book explores the global nuclear power industry, its fuel cycle, nuclear accidents, environmental impacts, social risks, and economics. There is a postscript on the Japanese 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster. Based on detailed analysis, Sovacool concludes "that a global nuclear renaissance would bring immense technical, economic, environmental, political, and social costs". He says that it is renewable energy technologies which will enhance energy security, and which have many other advantages.
Reviewer Mark Diesendorf says that one weakness of the book is the limited coverage of nuclear weapons proliferation. He says that governments of several countries (e.g., France, India, North Korea, Pakistan) have used nuclear power and/or research reactors to assist nuclear weapons development.
- List of books about nuclear issues
- List of books about renewable energy
- Nuclear or Not?
- Reaction Time (book)
- Non-Nuclear Futures
- Mark Diesendorf (2013). "Book review: Contesting the future of nuclear power". Energy Policy. http://www.ies.unsw.edu.au/sites/all/files/MD%20BookReview_EnergyPolicy2013.pdf.
- Benjamin K. Sovacool (2011). "The "Self-Limiting" Future of Nuclear Power". Contesting the Future of Nuclear Power. World Scientific. http://www.worldscibooks.com/etextbook/7895/7895_chap08.pdf.
- Dave Elliot (25 June 2011). "Nuclear – a powerful case against". Environmental Research Web. http://environmentalresearchweb.org/blog/2011/06/nuclear--a-powerful-case-again.html.
- Annabelle Quince (30 March 2011). "The history of nuclear power". ABC Radio National. http://www.abc.net.au/rn/rearvision/stories/2011/3176675.htm.
- Contesting the Future of Nuclear Power at World Scientific.
- Contesting the Future of Nuclear Power at Google Books.
- Nuclear Power's Global Expansion: Weighing Its Costs and Risks[[Category:Nuclear energy