kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Conversations are one of the basic types of human communication. They can be about any subject, and do not necessarily have any fixed purpose. They allow people with different views of a topic to learn from each other. A conversation may be contrasted with formal presentations. A talk or speech, for example is an oral presentation by one person directed at a group. It is basically a one-way communication.
Banter is short witty sentences that bounce back and forth between individuals. Often banter uses clever put-downs and witty insults. It can contain misunderstandings (often intentional), zippy wisecracks, zingers, flirtation, and puns. The idea is each line of banter should "top" the one before it. It is a verbal war of wit without any physical contact.
- Advice on initiating conversations and links to conversational organizations
- Article on developing basic communication skills
- Conversation Cafè, devoted to creating a "culture of conversation."
- Empathic listening skills
- Lifehack howto on Small Talk
- "The art of conversation", Economist, 19th December 2006