kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
(Thascius Caecilius Cyprianus)
|Born||3rd century, North Africa|
|Died||September 14, 258, Carthage|
|Venerated in||Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, and Lutheran Church|
Saint Cyprian (Thascius Caecilius Cyprianus) was bishop of Carthage. he was an important early Christian writer. He was probably born at the beginning of the 3rd century in North Africa, perhaps at Carthage. At Carthage, he learned about classical (Paganism). After becoming a Christian, he became a bishop (249). he eventually died a martyr at Carthage.
- Joshua Burns, "Perception and persecution in the Roman Empire: The Edict of Decius"
- Pontius the Deacon (Pontius Diaconis), "The Life and Passion of Cyprian, Bishop and Martyr"
- "The Plague of AD 251"
- Cyprian on the nature of the Church and Papacy by Dom John Chapman
- New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia article on Cyprian
- Works by Cyprian at the IntraText Digital Library, with concordance and frequency lists
- Acta proconsularia S. Cypriani[[Category:258 deat