kidzsearch.com > wiki
Entoku (延徳) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Chōkyō and before Meio. This period started in August 1489 and ended in July 1492. During this time, the emperor was Go-Tsuchimikado-tennō (後土御門天皇).
Events of the Entoku era
- 26 April 1489 (Entoku 1, 26th day of the 3rd month): The Shogun, Ashikaga Yoshihisa died at age 25. He was killed in battle in Ōmi Province.
- 27 January 1490 (Entoku 2, 7th day of the 1st month): The former-Shogun Ashikaga Yoshimasa died at age 56.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Entoku" in Japan encyclopedia, p. 182.
- Nussbaum, "Go-Tsuchimikado Tennō," p. 265; Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon, pp. 352-362.
- Titsingh, p. 361.
- Brown, Rebecca A. (2011). A Companion to Asian Art and Architecture, p. 598 n35; Ikeda, Yoshifumi. "One day in Kesennuma," Time Out Tokyo, April 14, 2011; retrieved 2012-5-8.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: