kidzsearch.com > wiki
Script error: No such module "Nihongo". was a Script error: No such module "Nihongo". after Bunkyū and before Keiō. This period spanned only slightly more than a single year from February 1864 through April 1865. The reigning emperor was Script error: No such module "Nihongo"..
Events of the Genji era
- 8 July 1864 (Genji 1, 5th day of the 6th month): Skirmish at Ikedaya near Kyoto, also known as Ikedaya Jiken or Ikedaya Incident. Samurai supporting the emperor clashed with police forces of the Tokugawa shogunate.
- 12 August 1864 (Genji 1, 11th day of the 7th month): Sakuma Shōzan is assassinated at age 53. Anti-shogunate (sonno joi) forces were responsible for his death.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2002). "Genji" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 236.
- Nussbaum, "Kōmei Tennō," p. 553.
- Griffis, William Elliot. (1915). The Mikado: Institution and Person, p. 84.
- Nussbaum, "Ikedaya Jiken" at p. 378.
- Armstrong, Robert Cornell. (1914). Light from the East or Studies in Japanese Confucianism, p. 192; Nussbaum, "Sakuma Shōzan" at pp. 813-814.
- National Diet Library: Portraits of Modern Japanese Historical Figures.
- Nussbaum, "Shimonoseki" at p. 862.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: