kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Gilbert and Sullivan
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
Gilbert and Sullivan were two men who worked together during the late 19th century to write fifteen well known operas. W. S. Gilbert wrote the words to the operas, while Arthur Sullivan was the composer who wrote the music.
- Thespis, or The Gods Grown Old (1871)
- Trial by Jury (1875)
- The Sorcerer (1877)
- H.M.S. Pinafore, or The Lass That Loved a Sailor (1878)
- The Pirates of Penzance, or The Slave of Duty (1879)
- Patience, or Bunthorne's Bride (1881)
- Iolanthe, or The Peer and the Peri (1882)
- Princess Ida, or Castle Adamant (1884)
- The Mikado, or The Town of Titipu (1885)
- Ruddigore, or The Witch's Curse (1887)
- The Yeomen of the Guard, or The Merryman and his Maid (1888)
- The Gondoliers, or The King of Barataria (1889)
- Utopia, Limited, or The Flowers of Progress (1893)
- The Grand Duke, or The Statutory Duel (1896)
- Osnes, Beth (2001). Sam Gill. ed. Acting: An International Encyclopedia. Art of Living. ABC-CLIO. .