kidzsearch.com > wiki
Gunma is in the northwestern part of the Kantō Plain. It is mostly mountainous.
Gunma shares northern borders with Niigata Prefecture and Fukushima Prefecture. The prefecture's eastern border is shared with Tochigi Prefecture. To the west lies Nagano Prefecture. Saitama Prefecture is south of the prefecture.
There are twelve cities in Gunma Prefecture:
Towns and villages
Towns and villages in each district:
National Parks are established in about 14% of the total land area of the prefecture.
Shrines and Temples
- Provinces of Japan
- Prefectures of Japan
- List of regions of Japan
- List of islands of Japan
- Thespa Kusatsu
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Gumma-ken" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 267; "Kantō" in p. 479.
- Nussbaum, "Maebashi" at p. 600.
- Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- Japan Ministry of the Environment, "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture"; retrieved 2012-3-13.
- "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 2; retrieved 2012-3-14.