kidzsearch.com > wikiHellenic languages Explore:web images videos games
|Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Anatolia and the Black Sea region|
The Hellenic languages are a branch of languages from the Indo-European language family. The main language is Greek. Many people say that Greek is the only language in the branch. Some people also say that the ancient Macedonian language is part of the branch. Others say it was simply a dialect of Greek.
- Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2017). "Graeco-Phrygian". Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History. http://glottolog.org/resource/languoid/id/grae1234.
- Browning (1983), Medieval and Modern Greek, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Joseph, Brian D. and Irene Philippaki-Warburton (1987): Modern Greek. London: Routledge, p. 1.
- LinguistList, Ancient Macedonian
- David Dalby. The Linguasphere Register of the World's Languages and Speech Communities (1999/2000, Linguasphere Press). Pp. 449-450.