kidzsearch.com > wikiInjection Explore:web images videos games
- Intradermal (just under the top layer of the skin)
- Subcutaneous (into the fat layer under the skin)
- Intramuscular (into a muscle)
- Intravenous (into a vein)
- Intraosseous (into a bone)
- Intraperitoneal (into the abdominal cavity)
Injections can be used to prevent illness or to give medicine.
Injections that prevent illness put a dead or weakened version of the virus they want to prevent into the body. The body then 'remembers' the virus to make future encounters of the virus easier to manage.