kidzsearch.com > wiki
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
|International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies|
|Type||Humanitarian aid organization|
|Purpose/focus||To carry out relief operations to assist victims of disasters, and combine this with development work to strengthen the capacities of its member National Societies|
|Secretary General||Jagan Chapagain|
|Main organ||Governing board|
|Parent organization||International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement|
It acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
- "The Governing Board – IFRC". http://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/governance/the-governing-board/.
- "Independent Auditors’ Report" (PDF). 2017. https://media.ifrc.org/ifrc/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2018/04/IFRC-Report-2017.pdf.
- "Climate change a priority for newest Red Cross societies". https://media.ifrc.org/ifrc/press-release/climate-change-priority-newest-red-cross-societies/.
- "The International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement on the Internet". Who we are. International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. http://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/directory/web-pages/.
- "The Nobel Peace Prize 1963". https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1963/.