kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Jinki ( 神亀) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Yōrō and before Tenpyō. This period started in February 724 and ended in August 729. The reigning emperor was Shōmu-tennō (聖武天皇).
The new era name meant "Sacred tortoise".
Events of the Jinki era
- 727 (Jinki 4): The emperor sent inspectors into the provinces to review the work of all officials.
- 724 (Jinki 5): An ambassador from Korea was received in court.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Jinki" in Japan Encyclopedia, p. 424.
- Nussbaum, "Shōmu Tennō," p. 884; Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon, p. 67-68; Brown, Delmer et al. (1979). Gukanshō, pp. 272-273; Varley, H. Paul. Jinnō Shōtōki, pp. 141-143.
- Bialock, David T. (2007). Eccentric Spaces, Hidden Histories: Narrative, Ritual, and Authority from The Chronicles of Japan to The Tale of the Heike, p. 63.
- Titsingh, p. 68.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: