kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Joan Mari Torrealdai
Joan Mari Torrealdai Nabea (November 24, 1942 – July 31, 2020) was a Spanish writer, journalist and sociologist. He was a member of Euskaltzaindia (the Royal Academy of the Basque Language). He was born in Forua, Spain.
In 2003, he was arrested and tortured by the Government of Spain in a campaign against the newspaper Euskaldunon Egunkaria. In 2007 he was appointed as a full member of the Royal Academy of the Basque Language. In 2011 he took charge of the Azkue Library of the Academy.
- Azurmendi, Joxe (1997). "Joan Mari Torrealdai: 25 urte Jakin-en zuzendari" (in eu). Jakin 102: 85–109. https://www.jakin.eus/show/804a7b7d631bbf70d332b706d98b98d793270a51.
- "Joan Mari Torrealdai , PuntuEus Foundation president , Manuel Lekuona Award 2015 - Domeinuak .eus" (in en-US). Domeinuak .eus. https://www.domeinuak.eus/en/new/joan-mari-torrealdai-puntueus-foundation-president-manuel-lekuona-award-2015/. Retrieved 2017-12-28.
- ""After being in hell, jail seemed heaven to me"". egunkaria.info. 2003. http://egunkaria.info/international/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/joan-mari-torrealdai-e-eng.pdf. Retrieved 2017-12-28.
- Euskaltzaindia, Academy of Basque Basque Language (2007). "Torrealdai, Joan Mari" (in eu). http://www.euskaltzaindia.eus/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123&Itemid=507&lang=en.
- Fallece Joan Mari Torrealdai (in Spanish)