kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Born||February 27, 1948|
|Died||April 5, 2017 (aged 69)|
|Occupation||Youth HIV/AIDS Expert and Activist|
John Chittick (February 27, 1948 – April 5, 2017) was an American HIV/AIDS expert. He was known for his series of Global AIDS Walks to fight the spread of HIV by educating youth. He worked in over 85 countries providing outreach to young people at the grassroots level.
He was a former lecturer on AIDS at Harvard School of Public Health. He spoke about adolescent HIV/AIDS nationally and internationally at conferences. He was the executive director and founder of TeenAIDS-PeerCorps, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit youth AIDS advocacy organization with its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia. He was known to youth as "Dr. John."
- Baker, Billy (Nov 3, 2008). He Walks the World, Talks AIDS with Teens. http://www.boston.com/news/health/articles/2008/11/03/he_walks_the_world_talks_aids_with_teens/?page=full. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Webathon Supports Teen AIDS Outreach. Dec 2, 2010. http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/ci_16757779. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Scott, Lucille (June 2004). International Male. http://www.poz.com/articles/155_320.shtml. Retrieved 11 November 2013.
- "TeenAIDS-PeerCorps offering free HIV tests Friday". http://articles.dailypress.com/2013-07-18/health/dp-nws-teen-aids-0719-20130718_1_oraquick-free-hiv-test-city-center.
- Kennington, Carrie (December 6, 2001). AIDS campaigner takes message to Utah teens Schools, parents reluctant to offer time and access. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/878201/AIDS-campaigner-takes-message-to-Utah-teens.html. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Local activist Chittick dies at 69