kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
John Ratcliffe (American politician)
|6th Director of National Intelligence|
|Assumed office |
May 26, 2020
|Preceded by||Dan Coats|
|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from Texas's 4th district
January 3, 2015 – May 22, 2020
|Preceded by||Ralph Hall|
|United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Texas|
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Matthew D. Orwig|
|Succeeded by||Rebecca Gregory|
|Mayor of Heath|
|Preceded by||Chris Cuny|
|Succeeded by||Lorne Liechty|
John Lee Ratcliffe
October 20, 1965
Mount Prospect, Illinois, U.S.
|Education||University of Notre Dame (BA)|
Southern Methodist University (JD)
John Lee Ratcliffe (born October 20, 1965) is an American politician and attorney. He is the 6th Director of National Intelligence since 2020. He was the congressman for Texas's 4th district from 2015 to 2020.
President Donald Trump announced on July 28, 2019, that he intended to nominate Ratcliffe to replace Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence (DNI). Ratcliffe withdrew his name five days after some senators raised concerns about his experience. 
On February 28, 2020, President Trump announced that he was nominating Ratcliffe to be Director of National Intelligence. Ratcliffe was confirmed by the Senate on May 21, 2020 by a vote of 49 to 44.
- "Ratcliffe assumes role as lead law enforcement officer for East Texas". https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/jasper/article/Ratcliffe-assumes-role-as-lead-law-enforcement-769390.php. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- "Senate Confirms Becky Gregory As New U.S. Attorney For Eastern District Of Texas". April 29, 2008. https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/content/senate-confirms-becky-gregory-new-us-attorney-eastern-district-texas. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- "Elected Officials". Archived from the original. Error: If you specify
|archiveurl=, you must also specify
|archivedate=. https://web.archive.org/web/20040430100311/http://www.heathtx.com/elecoff.htm. Retrieved June 14, 2018.
- Justin Cheatham. "New officials take command of Heath council". http://www.rockwallheraldbanner.com/news/local_news/new-officials-take-command-of-heath-council/article_01247e2b-e535-5b69-aff8-8acfbd21a041.html. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- "State Bar of Texas - Find A Lawyer: John Lee Ratcliffe". https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Find_A_Lawyer&template=/Customsource/MemberDirectory/MemberDirectoryDetail.cfm&ContactID=183759. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- Dilanian, Ken (July 29, 2019). "Intel officials worry Trump's pick for top spy will politicize the job". NBC News. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/intel-officials-worry-trump-s-pick-top-spy-will-politicize-n1035821.
- "The quiet director: How Gina Haspel manages the CIA’s volatile relationship with Trump". The Washington Post. 2019. https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/the-quiet-director-how-gina-haspel-manages-the-cias-volatile-relationship-with-trump/2019/07/30/c54cae04-9920-11e9-830a-21b9b36b64ad_story.html.
- Trump, Donald J. [realDonaldTrump] (July 28, 2019). "I am pleased to announce that highly respected Congressman John Ratcliffe of Texas will be nominated by me to be the Director of National Intelligence." (Tweet). https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1155580140392501248.
- Zachary Cohen; Pamela Brown; Allie Malloy; Kaitlan Collins. "Trump says Ratcliffe is no longer his pick for director of national intelligence". https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/02/politics/trump-ratcliffe-dni/index.html.
- Dennis, Steven T.; Jacobs, Jennifer; Flatley, Daniel (August 2, 2019). "Ratcliffe Withdraws From Intelligence Nomination, Trump Says". Bloomberg. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-02/ratcliffe-withdraws-from-intelligence-nomination-trump-says.
- "Trump scuttles plan to nominate Rep. John Ratcliffe as top intelligence official" (in en). https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/ratcliffe-will-not-be-nominated-intelligence-chief-job-trump-says-n1038806.
- Savage, Charlie; Barnes, Julian E.; Karni, Annie (August 2, 2019). "Trump Drops Plans to Nominate John Ratcliffe as Director of National Intelligence". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/02/us/politics/trump-ratcliffe-dni.html.
- "U.S. Senate: U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 116th Congress - 2nd Session". https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=116&session=2&vote=00101#top.
- Barnes, Julian E.; Fandos, Nicholas (May 21, 2020). "Senate Approves John Ratcliffe for Top Intelligence Job in Sharply Split Vote" (in en-US). The New York Times. . https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/21/us/politics/john-ratcliffe-intelligence-director.html. Retrieved May 21, 2020.