kidzsearch.com > wiki
John Stewart Bell
KidzSearch Safe Wikipedia for Kids.
John Stewart Bell (28 June 1928 – 1 October 1990) was an Irish physicist who made great contributions to quantum physics, and especially to the question of what Heisenberg's uncertainty principle really tells us about the world.
- Born: Belfast, Northern Ireland
- B.S.: Queen's University of Belfast, 1948
- Ph.D.: University of Birmingham, 1956
- Paper entitled "On the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox" introduced Bell's theorem, 1964 (Direct download from:
- "On the Problem of Hidden Variables in Quantum Mechanics" discussed the supposed existence of hidden variables, 1966. (Direct download from http://www.mugur-schachter.net/docsupload/autresPublications/autresPublications_doc2.pdf[dead link])