kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Kagen (嘉元) was a Japanese era (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Kengen and before Tokuji. This period started in August 1303 and ended in December 1306. During this time, the emperor was Go-Nijō-tennō (後二条天皇).
Events of the Kagen era
- 1304 (Kagen 2, 16th day of the 7th month): Former Emperor Go-Fukakusa died.
- 1305 (Kagen 3, 15th day of the 9th month): Former Emperor Kameyama died.
- 1305 (Kagen 3): Ashikaga Takauji was born. He would grow to become the founder and first shogun of the Ashikaga shogunate.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Kagen" in Japan encyclopedia, p. 447.
- Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon, pp. 275-278; Varley, H. Paul. Jinnō Shōtōki, p. 239.
- Perkins, George W. (1990). The Clear Mirror: a Chronicle of the Japanese Court during the Kamakura Period, p. 150; Imperial Household Agency (Kunaichō), 後深草天皇 (89); retrieved 2012-5-16.
- Perkins, p. 151; Kunaichō, 亀山天皇 (90); retrieved 2012-5-16.
- Nussbaum, "Ashikaga Takauji" at p. 55.
|Era or nengō: