kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Kakitsu (嘉吉) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Eikyō and before Bun'an. This period started in February 1441 and ended in February 1444. During this time, the emperor was Go-Hanazono-tennō (後花園天皇).
Events of the Kakitsu era
- 12 July 1441 (Kakitsu 1, 24th day of the 6th month): Shogun Ashikaga Yoshinori was murdered at age 48.
- 1443 (Kakitsu 3): A Japanese-Korean diplomatic agreement (sometimes called the "Kakitsu treaty") was about on pirates (wakō) in the sea between Japan and Korea.
- 16 August 1443 (Kakitsu 3, 21st day of the 7th month): Shogun Yoshikatsu died after a fall from a horse.
- Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2005). "Kaikitsu" in Japan encyclopedia, p. 456.
- Nussbaum, "Go-Hanazono Tennō," p. 252; Titsingh, Isaac. (1834). Annales des empereurs du Japon, pp. 331-343.
- Titsingh, p. 339; Nussbaum, "Kaikitsu-no-hen" at p. 456.
- Hall, John Whitney. (1997). The Cambridge History of Japan: Early Modern Japan, p. 244.
- Titsingh, p. 342.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" – historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: