kidzsearch.com > wiki
Kenryaku (建暦) was a Japanese era name (年号, nengō, , lit. "year name") after Jōgen and before Kempo. This period started in March 1211 and ended in December 1213. The reigning emperor was Juntoku-tennō (順徳天皇).
Events of the Kenryaku era
- 1211 (Kenryaku 1, 1st month): The Buddhist priest Hōnen returned from a period of exile. He was the founder of the Sennyuji (泉涌寺, senyō-ji ) temple-complex.
- 1211 (Kenryaku 1, 1st month): Shogun Sanetomo's position at court was raised to the 1st rank of the 3rd class.
- 2 January 1211 (Kenryaku 1, 16th day of the 1st month): The former-Senior High Priest Jien (1155–1225) was appointed Tendai Abbot.
- 1212 (Kenryaku 1): Hōnen died at age 80.
- National Diet Library, "The Japanese Calendar" -- historical overview plus illustrative images from library's collection
|Era or nengō: