kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Koko Taylor sometimes spelled KoKo Taylor (September 28, 1928 – June 3, 2009) was an American Chicago blues singer, popularly known as the "Queen of the Blues." She was known primarily for her rough, powerful vocals and traditional blues stylings.
Taylor was born on September 28, 1928 in Shelby County, Tennessee. She was raised in Chicago, Illinois. Taylor was married to Robert Taylor until they divorced in 1989. Then she was married to Hays Harris until her death in 2009. She had one daughter. Taylor died on June 3, 2009 in Chicago, Illinois from surgical complications, aged 80.
- Hoekstra, Dave. "Chicago legend and 'Queen of the Blues' Koko Taylor dead at 80," Chicago Sun-Times, Wednesday, June 3, 2009.
- Co-host of "Blues you can use", FM radio station WGVE 88.7, Gary, Indiana
- Interview with Koko Taylor on Centerstage Chicago (June 2007)
- Koko Taylor on IMDb
- "Queen of the Blues: Koko Taylor Talks About Her Subjects", interview by James Plath, 1994
- Koko Taylor at Allmusic
- Wild Women Don't Have the Blues features interviews with Koko Taylor
- Koko Taylor - Daily Telegraph obituary