kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Lonesome George (c. 1910 – June 24, 2012) was a male Pinta Island tortoise (Chelonoidis nigra abingdonii) and the last known individual of the subspecies. In his last years, he was known as the rarest creature in the world. George served as a potent symbol for conservation efforts in the Galápagos Islands and throughout the world.
- Gardner, Simon (6 February 2001). "Lonesome George faces own Galapagos tortoise curse". Archived from the original on 2011-05-24. http://web.archive.org/web/20110524220107/http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/9708/newsDate/06-Feb-2001/story.htm. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Proceso de Relaciones Públicas de la Dirección del Parque Nacional Galápagos (24 June 2012). "El mundo pierde al solitario George". http://www.galapagospark.org/boletin.php?noticia=628. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "Lonesome George, last-of-his-kind Galapagos tortoise, dies". The Times Of India. 25 June 2012. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshowpics/14387262.cms.
- Raferty, Isolde. "Lonesome George, last-of-its-kind Galapagos tortoise, dies". MSNBC. http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/24/12386484-lonesome-george-last-of-its-kind-galapagos-tortoise-dies. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Nicholls, Henry (2006). Lonesome George: The Life and Loves of a Conservation Icon. London: Macmillan Science. [ .page needed]