kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Long Walk to Freedom
|Cover artist||Allan Tannenbaum|
|Media type||Print (hardback and paperback)|
The book is about his early life, his education and serving 27 years in prison. Under the apartheid government, Mandela was thought as a terrorist and jailed on the infamous Robben Island for his role as a leader of the then-outlawed ANC. He also say that democracy meant all men to be heard and far from majority rule, a minority was not crushed by a majority.
He has since gained international recognition for his leadership as president in rebuilding the country's once segregated society. The last chapters of the book describe his political ascension, and his belief that the struggle continues against apartheid in South Africa.
- Anthony Sampson Mandela: The Authorised Biography; HarperCollins; ISBN 0-00-638845-0(1999)
- Nelson Mandela; Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela; Little Brown & Co; ISBN 0-316-54818-9 (paperback, 1995)
- Long Walk to Freedom, p 29
- Spencer, Clare. "The pitfalls of naming places after famous people". BBC News. 29 July 2011.
- Excerpts from Long Walk To Freedom
- Quotes from Long Walk To Freedom
- poly-lingual audio excerpts from Long Walk To Freedom (abridged edition)