kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Sachar at the 2006 Texas Book Festival
|Born||March 20, 1954|
East Meadow, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
Hastings College of the Law
Holes won the 1998 U.S. National Book Award for Young People's Literature and the 1999 Newbery Medal for the year's "most distinguished contribution to American literature for children". In 2013 it was ranked number six among all-time children's novels in a survey published by School Library Journal.
Louis Sachar was born in East Meadow, New York United States.
- Sideways Stories from Wayside School (1978)
- Wayside School is Falling Down (1989)
- Sideways Arithmetic From Wayside School (1989)
- More Sideways Arithmetic From Wayside School (1994)
- Wayside School Gets A Little Stranger (1995)
- Marvin Redpost
- Kidnapped at Birth? (1992)
- Why Pick on Me? (1993)
- Is He a Girl? (1993)
- Alone In His Teacher's House (1994)
- Class President (1999)
- A Flying Birthday Cake? (1999)
- Super Fast Out of Control! (2000)
- A Magic Crystal? (2000)
- Holes series
- Holes (1998) — winner of the National Book Award and Newbery Medal
- Stanley Yelnats' Survival Guide to Camp Green Lake (2003)
- Small Steps (2006)
- Other books
- Johnny's in the Basement (1981)
- Someday Angeline (1983)
- Sixth Grade Secrets (1987) (known as Pig City in the UK)
- There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom (1987)
- The Boy Who Lost His Face (1989)
- Dogs Don't Tell Jokes (1991)
- The Cardturner (2010)
- Fuzzy Mud (2015)
- "National Book Awards – 1998". National Book Foundation. Retrieved 2012-01-26.
(With acceptance speech by Sachar.)
- "Newbery Medal and Honor Books, 1922–Present". Association for Library Service to Children. (ALSC). American Library Association (ALA).
"The John Newbery Medal". ALSC. ALA. Retrieved 2012-03-26.
- Bird, Elizabeth (July 7, 2012). "Top 100 Chapter Book Poll Results". A Fuse #8 Production. Blog. School Library Journal (blog.schoollibraryjournal.com). http://blog.schoollibraryjournal.com/afuse8production/2012/07/07/top-100-chapter-book-poll-results. Retrieved 2015-10-29.
- "Pig City by Louis Sachar". The Bookbag (thebookbag.co.uk). October 24, 2009. http://www.thebookbag.co.uk/reviews/index.php?title=Pig_City_by_Louis_Sachar. Retrieved 2009-05-27.