kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
|Luc Antoine Montagnier|
Luc Montagnier, 2008
|Born||18 August 1932|
|Institutions||Pasteur Institute Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|Known for||Discovery of HIV|
|Notable awards||2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine|
Luc Antoine Montagnier (born 18 August 1932 in Chabris, Indre, France) is a French virologist and joint recipient with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Harald zur Hausen of the 2008 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, for his discovery of the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). He currently works as a full time professor at Shanghai Jiaotong University.
In 2009 he published two controversial research studies which, if true, "would be the most significant experiments performed in the past 90 years, demanding re-evaluation of the whole conceptual framework of modern chemistry". Homeopaths claim his research as support for homeopathy, but Montagnier himself says it cannot be extended to homeopathy. Many scientists have greeted it with scorn and harsh criticism.
- news.bbc.co.uk, Nobel prize for viral discoveries
- SJTU Appointed Luc Montagnier University Chair Professor
- Andy Coghlan, "Scorn over claim of teleported DNA", New Scientist 12 January 2011, issue 2795
- Cure Or Con? CBC Marketplace
- PZ Myers 2011. Pharyngula "It almost makes me disbelieve that HIV causes AIDS!",
- Editorial, "Why we have to teleport disbelief", New Scientist 12 January 2011, issue 2795