kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Nobel Prize Laureate Martin Karplus during press conference in Stockholm, December 2013
|Born||March 15, 1930|
|Doctoral advisor||Linus Pauling|
Martin Karplus (born March 15, 1930) is an Austrian-born American theoretical chemist. He is the Theodore William Richards Professor of Chemistry, emeritus at Harvard University. He is also Director of the Biophysical Chemistry Laboratory. He is of Jewish descent.
- Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences (October 9, 2013). "The Nobel Prize in Chemistry 2013". Press release. http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/2013/press.html. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Chang, Kenneth (October 9, 2013). "3 Researchers Win Nobel Prize in Chemistry". New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/10/science/three-researchers-win-nobel-prize-in-chemistry.html. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Fersht, A. R. (2013). "Profile of Martin Karplus, Michael Levitt, and Arieh Warshel, 2013 nobel laureates in chemistry". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 110 (49): 19656-7. . . .
- Hodak, Hélène (2014). "The Nobel Prize in chemistry 2013 for the development of multiscale models of complex chemical systems: A tribute to Martin Karplus, Michael Levitt and Arieh Warshel". Journal of Molecular Biology 426 (1): 1-3. . .
- Van Noorden, R. (2013). "Computer modellers secure chemistry Nobels". Nature. .
- Van Noorden, Richard (2013). "Modellers react to chemistry award: Nobel Prize proves that theorists can measure up to experimenters". Nature 502 (7471): 280. .
- Martin Karplus academic genealogy and list of PhD & Postdoc trainees
- Karplus research group at Harvard University
- Biophysical Chemistry Laboratory at University of Strasbourg
- Biography at Michigan State University website
- Martin Karplus photography website
- Biography and Bibliographic Resources, from the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, United States Department of Energy