kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
A medical assistant (sometimes called an MA) is a medical professional who works in medical settings along with doctors and nurses. They do things to help doctors and nurses with their jobs, and may perform many different tasks.
Some medical assistants are similar in some ways to a nurse. They take care of patients in hospitals and other medical facilities, and they perform other tasks to help run the office. They are different from a nurse mainly in that medical assistants cannot plan out what a patient's care will be like. They can only do what a nurse or a doctor instruct them to do.
Medical assistants usually go to school for between one and two years. They may hold an associate's degree, or in some cases a certificate if they already have an associate's degree in something else.
Medical assistants tend to earn between $20,000 and $40,000 a year in salary. Factors that influence a medical assistant's salary can be their location, the amount of training they have, the amount of time they've been working as a medical assistant, and the skills they've learned while working.
- Medical Assistant Schools Directory. 
- Medical Assistants - Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree Programs - Medicalassistantschools.com
- Medical Assistant Diploma and Certificate Programs - Medicalassistantschools.com
- Medical Assistant Salary - How Much do Medical Assistants Make?