kidzsearch.com > wiki
MedlinePlus is a free website that gives free consumer health information for patients, families, and health care providers. The site has information from the United States National Library of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), other U.S. government agencies, and health-related organizations. The U.S. National Library of Medicine produces and maintains the site. MedlinePlus includes a companion site in Spanish, which offers similar content for the Spanish-speaking community. It also offers a mobile site in both English and Spanish optimized for display on mobile devices. Over 150 million people from around the world use MedlinePlus each year.
- Health topics and a medical encyclopedia from A.D.A.M., Inc. covering hundreds of diseases, conditions, and wellness issues.
- Drug information for both generic and brand-name prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Herbal and dietary supplement information.
- A medical dictionary.
- Health news articles from Reuters Health Information and HealthDay, plus press releases from major medical organizations.
- Directories of physicians, dentists, hospitals, clinics, and other health care providers.
- Videos of surgical procedures and anatomy videos.
- Interactive health tutorials that use animations and sound to explain conditions and procedures.
- MedlinePlus Connect, a service linking patients or providers in electronic health record (EHR) systems to related MedlinePlus information on conditions or medications.
- A mobile site Archived 2013-02-13 at the Wayback Machine to provide authoritative health information for the growing audience of mobile internet users.