kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Nippon Denki kabushiki gaisha|
|Traded as||TYO: 6701|
|Founded||July 17, 1899|
|Revenue||¥2.91 trillion (2019)|
|¥58.5 billion (2019)|
|¥40.2 billion (2019)|
|Total assets||¥2.95 trillion (2019)|
|Total equity||¥1.06 trillion (2019)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||NEC Corporation of America, NEC Europe|
Lua error in Module:Unicode_data at line 290: attempt to index local 'data_module' (a boolean value). is a Japanese multinational provider of information technology (IT) services and products. It is headquartered in Minato, Tokyo, Japan. It provides IT and network solutions to businesses, communications services providers and to government agencies. It has also been the biggest PC seller in Japan since the 1980s. The company was known as the Nippon Electric Company, Limited, before rebranding in 1983 as NEC.
NEC was the world's fourth biggest PC manufacturer by 1990. Its NEC Semiconductors business unit was the global semiconductor sales leader between 1985 and 1990, the second largest in 1995, one of the top three in 2000, and one of the top 10 in 2006. It was still one of the top 20 semiconductor sales leaders before merging with Renesas Electronics. NEC is a member of the Sumitomo Group.
NEC was #463 on the 2017 Fortune 500 list.
- "Full Year Consolidated Financial Results for the Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2019". October 1, 2018. https://www.nec.com/en/press/201904/images/2601-01-01.pdf.
- "Corporate Profile." NEC. Retrieved on July 12, 2010.
- Fransman, Martin (1995) (in en). Japan's Computer and Communications Industry: The Evolution of Industrial Giants and Global Competitiveness. Oxford University Press. p. 17. . https://books.google.com/books?id=M_F_syq_NBwC&pg=PA17.
- "Tracking the Top 10 Semiconductor Sales Leaders Over 26 Years". Semiconductor Market Research (IC Insights). December 12, 2011. http://www.icinsights.com/news/bulletins/Tracking-The-Top-10-Semiconductor-Sales-Leaders-Over-26-Years/.
- "NEC Financials and News". http://fortune.com/global500/nec/. "NEC is #463 on the 2017 Fortune 500 list."
- Lua error in Module:Official_website at line 90: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).