kidzsearch.com > wiki
O. Henry, pseudonym of William Sydney Porter, original name William Sidney Porter(born Sept. 11, 1862, Greensboro, N.C., U.S.—died June 5, 1910, New York, N.Y.) American short-story writer whose tales romanticized the commonplace—in particular the life of ordinary people in New York City. His stories expressed the effect of coincidence on character through humour, grim or ironic, and often had surprise endings, a device that became identified with his name and cost him critical favour when its vogue had passed.
Among his most famous stories are:
- Works by O. Henry at Project Gutenberg
- Lua error in Module:Internet_Archive at line 573: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Works by O. Henry at LibriVox (public domain audiobooks)
- O. Henry Museum
- Biography and stories Archived 2007-05-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Wall Street Journal article on O. Henry
- O. Henry on IMDb
- O. Henry Items on the Portal to Texas History