kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
March 19, 1941|
|Organization||Diamond Way Buddhism|
Ole Nydahl (born 19 March 1941 in Copenhagen, Denmark) is the founder and leader of Diamond Way Buddhism, an organisation in the Karma Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism. Since the 1970s he has travelled the world teaching and founding meditation centres.
Ole Nydahl’s first teacher was the Drukpa-Kagyu master Lopon Tsechu Rinpoche. In December 1969, Ole Nydahl and his late wife, Hannah Nydahl met the 16th Karmapa, Rangjung Rigpe Dorje, a renowned yogi and the head of the Karma Kagyu lineage. They were among the first Western students of the 16th Karmapa. Ole Nydahl is also a student of Shamar Rinpoche.
Ole Nydahl has written several books in either English or German which have been translated into several European languages.
Most popular English titles:
- Ngondro: The Four Foundational Practices of Tibetan Buddhism. Blue Dolphin Publishing (1990). ISBN 978-0-931892-23-3
- Riding the Tiger: Twenty Years on the Road - Risks and Joys of Bringing Tibetan Buddhism to the West. Blue Dolphin Publishing (1992). ISBN 978-0-931892-67-7
- Entering the Diamond Way: Tibetan Buddhism meets the West. Blue Dolphin Publishing (1999). ISBN 978-0-931892-03-5
- The Great Seal: Limitless Space and Joy - The Mahamudra View of Diamond Way Buddhism. Fire Wheel Publishing (2004). ISBN 0-9752954-0-3
- The Way Things Are: A Living Approach to Buddhism. John Hunt Publishing (2007). ISBN 978-1-84694-042-2
- Personal web page, including teaching schedule
- Diamond Way Buddhism
- Parachute accident -- Asia Times Online
- Photographs of Ole Nydahl Teaching