kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
The Palais Royal is a building in Paris. It was once a palace of the French royal family. It was built in the 1630s by Cardinal Richelieu to hold his art collection. When Richelieu died in 1642, it became the property of the young King Louis XIV. It was successively the property of the Dukes of Orléans and later Marie Antoinette before being destroyed in 1870 during the Franco-Prussian War.
From 1649, the exiled Henrietta Maria of France and her daughter Princess Henrietta lived here. The two had escaped England during the English Civil War. They were sheltered here by King Louis XIV, who was Henrietta Maria's nephew.
- Lambert, Guy; Massounie, Dominique (2006) (in French) (11 x 22,5 cm). Le Palais-Royal. Itinéraires. Paris: éditions du Patrimoine. pp. 104.
. https://www.editions-du-patrimoine.fr/Librairie/Itineraires/Le-Palais-Royal. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- Château de Saint Cloud the country residence of the Dukes of Orléans, destroyed in 1870.
- House of Orléans the family most associated with the building.
- Satellite image from Google Maps
- Palais Royal – Louvre district - current photographs and of the years 1900
- Virtual Paris - Photos of Palais-Royal and VR views
- Panoramic View of Palais Royal @ Places of Interest