kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Paul is dead
In September 1969, American college students published articles claiming that clues to McCartney's supposed death could be found among the lyrics and artwork of the Beatles' recordings. Rumours declined after a contemporary interview with McCartney was published in Life magazine in November 1969.
Popular culture continues to make occasional reference to the legend, and McCartney poked fun at it with a 1993 live album titled Paul Is Live, whose cover parodied "clues" allegedly on the cover of the Beatles' Abbey Road album.
- The Beatles walking across the road look like a funeral procession
- Paul is out of step with the others
- Paul is barefoot
- Paul is smoking a cigarette, sometimes called a "coffin nail"
- Paul is holding the cigarette in his right hand, even though he was left handed
- A car number plate "LMW 28IF" means that he would be 28 had he lived
- The LMW means Linda McCartney Weeps
- "Paul Really Is Dead". digilander.libero.it. 2004 [last update]. http://digilander.libero.it/jamespaul/fc1.html. Retrieved 8 November 2014.
- "“Paul Is Dead” Clues on Abbey Road | Turn Me On, Dead Man". turnmeondeadman.com. 2014. http://turnmeondeadman.com/paul-is-dead-clues-on-abbey-road/. Retrieved 8 November 2014.