kidzsearch.com > wiki
Pope Anastasius IV
|Papacy began||9 July 1153|
|Papacy ended||3 December 1154|
|Birth name||Corrado Demetri della Suburra|
ca. 1073 |
3 December 1154 |
Pope Anastasius IV (Latin: Anastasius Quartus; c.1073–3 December 1154), born Corrado di Suburra, was an Italian cleric of the Roman Catholic Church. He was the 169th Pope from 1153 until his death in 1154.
In 1127, della Suburra was made cardinal-bishop of Sabina.
The pope died on 3 December 1154.
- Some sources give his name as Corrado Demetri della Suburra
- "Anastasius IV," Encyclopedia Britannica (2012); retrieved 2012-8-27.
- "List of Popes," Catholic Encyclopedia (2009); retrieved 2012-8-27.
- "Pope Anastasius IV", Catholic Encyclopedia; retrieved 2011-8-27.
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church], Corrado di Suburra; retrieved 2012-8-27.
- "Anastasius," Encyclopedia Britannica (1911); retrieved 2012-8-27.
- Bunson, Matthew. (2004). OSV's Encyclopedia of Catholic History, pp. 74-75.
- "Pope Anastasius IV". Catholic Encyclopedia. (1913). New York: Robert Appleton Company.
- Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church, Corrado di Suburra
| Succeeded by|