kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:images videos games
Acute radiation syndrome
Acute radiation syndrome (ARS) also known as radiation poisoning, radiation sickness or radiation toxicity, is a constellation of health effects which occur within several months of exposure to high amounts of ionizing radiation. The term generally refers to acute(serious, rapid onset) problems rather than ones that develop after a prolonged period.
- Donnelly EH, Nemhauser JB, Smith JM, et al. (June 2010). "Acute radiation syndrome: assessment and management". South. Med. J. 103 (6): 541–6. . .
- Xiao M, Whitnall MH (January 2009). "Pharmacological countermeasures for the acute radiation syndrome". Curr Mol Pharmacol 2 (1): 122–33. .
- "Acute Radiation Syndrome". Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2005-05-20. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/radiation/ars.asp.
- (PDF) Acute Radiation Syndrome. National Center for Environmental Health/Radiation Studies Branch. 2002-04-09. http://www.umt.edu/research/Eh/pdf/AcuteRadiationSyndrome.pdf. Retrieved 2009-06-22
- "Acute Radiation Syndrome: A Fact Sheet for Physicians". Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2005-03-18. http://www.bt.cdc.gov/radiation/arsphysicianfactsheet.asp.