kidzsearch.com > wiki
Rajputs constitute one of the major Hindu Kshatriya groups from India. They claim descent from ancient royal warrior dynasties of Kshatriyas. They are identified with the word "Rajanya" found in ancient Indian literature and trace their roots to Rajputana or Rajputstan (India). In ancient times the son of a king was referred as to Rajput- Raja-putra.
The Rajputs consist of 36 different clans. These are divided into three different lines of descent (called vanshas). They are:
- Suryavanshi - descendants of the sun god, Surya.
- Chandravanshi - descendants of the moon god, Chandra.
- Agnivanshi - descendants of the fire god, Agni.
- Rajput Battles
- The Historic Mandore of the Pratihara (Parihar) 
- Rajputs Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition; 2005
- Rajput Encyclopedia Britannica; 1911
- British Association of Rajputs
- Rajputs in Rajoa, Dadyal
- Ek Tha Raja
- Kota Chauhan Clan
- Jodhpur Rathore Clan
- Origin of Rajputs
- Rajput Vansh and Clans
- Maheronline a resource for Maher community worldwide
- The Mair Rajputs of Punjab
- "Sikh Rajputs" in Punjab and Haryana
- The Salute States
- Vallabh Bhai Integrated states