kidzsearch.com > wiki
Schekman in 2015.
|Born||Randy Wayne Schekman|
December 30, 1948
Saint Paul, Minnesota, U.S.
|Institutions||University of California, Berkeley|
Howard Hughes Medical Institute
|Alma mater||UCLA (BA)|
Stanford University (PhD)
|Doctoral advisor||Arthur Kornberg|
|Doctoral students||David Julius|
|Known for||Editor-in-chief of PNAS and eLife|
Randy Wayne Schekman (born December 30, 1948) is an American cell biologist. He works at the University of California, Berkeley. He is the editor-in-chief of Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences and Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology.
He was elected to the National Academy of Sciences in 1992. He won the 2013 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine with James Rothman and Thomas C. Südhof for their work on cell membrane vesicle trafficking.
- "Julius Lab - David Julius". Physio.ucsf.edu. http://physio.ucsf.edu/julius/julius.html.
- Zagorski, N. (2008). "Profile of Randy Schekman: Reflections on his first year as PNAS Editor-in-Chief". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 105 (8): 2763–2765. . . .
- Schekman, R.; Patterson, M. (2013). "Reforming research assessment". eLife 2: e00855. . . .
- "Professor Randy Schekman ForMemRS". Royalsociety.org. http://royalsociety.org/people/randy-schekman.
- Wickner, W. T. (2013). "Profile of Thomas Sudhof, James Rothman, and Randy Schekman, 2013 Nobel Laureates in Physiology or Medicine". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 110 (46): 18349–50. . . .
- "Randy Schekman: Howard Hughes Investigator and Professor of Cell and Developmental Biology". http://mcb.berkeley.edu/faculty/CDB/schekmanr.html.
- Bucci, M. (2006). "Randy Schekman". Nature Chemical Biology 2 (11): 568. . .
- Zagorski, N. (2006). "QnAs with Randy Schekman". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 103 (50): 18881. . . .
- Schekman, Randy (1999). "Preface by Randy Schekman". Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology 15. .