kidzsearch.com > wiki
|Studio album by|
|Released||May 3, 1976|
|Recorded||January-March 1976 at The Wherehouse, Waltham, Mass. and The Record Plant, NYC|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal, blues-rock|
|Producer||Aerosmith, Jack Douglas|
|Singles from Rocks|
Rocks is the fourth album by American rock band Aerosmith, released May 3, 1976. Allmusic described Rocks as having "captured Aerosmith at their most raw and rocking". Rocks also ranked #176 on Rolling Stone's list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time and is also noted in musician Kurt Cobain's top 50 favorite albums in his journals. Also, it has greatly influenced several people in the hard rock and heavy metal community, including members of Guns N' Roses and Metallica.
Songs from the album
|1.||"Back in the Saddle"||Steven Tyler, Joe Perry||4:40|
|2.||"Last Child"||Tyler, Brad Whitford||3:26|
|3.||"Rats in the Cellar"||Tyler, Perry||4:07|
|1.||"Sick as a Dog"||Tyler, Tom Hamilton||4:12|
|2.||"Nobody's Fault"||Tyler, Whitford||4:25|
|3.||"Get the Lead Out"||Tyler, Perry||3:43|
|4.||"Lick and a Promise"||Tyler, Perry||3:05|
Influence in music
- Slash says that "Rocks" was the album that changed his life.
- Rocks was one of Kurt Cobain's favorite albums, as he listed in his Journals.
- In 2003, the album was ranked number 176 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
- Mötley Crüe songwriter and bassist Nikki Sixx refers to it frequently in his book The Heroin Diaries.
- "Rocks - Aerosmith - Songs, Reviews, Credits". https://www.allmusic.com/album/rocks-mw0000649813.
- "Music News – Rolling Stone". https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/.
- "Blabbermouth.net". http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=7772.