kidzsearch.com > wiki Explore:web images videos games
Rowan Douglas Williams, Baron Williams of Oystermouth, DD, PC, FBA (born 14 June 1950) was the 104th Archbishop of Canterbury from 2002 until 2012. In this role he was the most senior bishop in the Church of England and the symbolic head of the worldwide Anglican Communion. Williams is a distinguished theologian and poet. He is the current Master of Magdalene College, Cambridge. He is married and has a daughter and son.
Williams was ordained as a priest in 1978, and was consecreated as a bishop in 1992. He served as Bishop of Monmouth from 1991. He held the office of Archbishop of Wales from 2000 until his election as Archbishop of Canterbury.
- (in en-GB) Profile: Dr Rowan Williams. 2012-09-25. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-13709883. Retrieved 2019-05-17.
- "Lord Williams of Oystermouth" (in English). https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/lords/lord-williams-of-oystermouth/3620.
- Archbishop of Canterbury official site
- The Anglican Communion's official website
- Canterbury Cathedral official site
- Conservative Evangelical critique of the Archbishop's theology
- "The Archbishop's guide to Muslim intolerance" - critical op-ed in Haaretz
- Church must be 'safe place' for gay and lesbian people